For development and proof of concept, a stable clock generator is a standard piece of equipment. Although single channel clock generators are found in labs everywhere, they generally come in a big form factor with a big price tag.
With the goal of adding capability, while reducing size and cost - The CG5 comes in a sleek 3.5" x 3.3" x 0.5" case and connects to a desktop or laptop which eliminates the need for a bulky and costly integrated display.
As we continue to design and build high-end RF testing equipment, the demand for smaller, low cost alternatives to traditional options is clear – even in our own lab. Along the way, we welcome input from industry experts and hobbyists alike. If you have an idea or suggestion, we’d love to hear it.
Key Features of the ER&D CG5 Clock Generator Instrument include:
- Generate 5 independent channels of CMOS clock signals from 0.01 Hz to 128 MHz simultaneously
- Define custom duty cycle (resolution of 12.5 ns set-ability)
- Complementary outputs available over the entire frequency range
- Define phase shift between channels (resolution of 12.5 ns set-ability)
- Frequency derived from 5 MHz crystal as a default, but external 10 MHz can be applied for greater precision in output frequency generated
- USB powered
- PC GUI interface
- BNC or SMA connectors available
multichannel customizable clock generator instrument, clock generator module, clock synthesizer, clock generator instrument, customizable independent multi channel clock generator, programmable clock generator instrument, programmable clock synthesizer, virtual clock generator instrument, user defined clock generator instrument, multichannel clock generator virtual instrument
Posted by Wayne Lesperance on September 23, 2014 in News.
- 10 MHz Frequency Generator,
- 5MHz Frequency Generator,
- clock generator,
- clock generator instrument,
- clock generator module,
- clock synthesizer,
- customizable clock generator instrument,
- EE R&D,
- Electronic Engineering,
- frequency control,
- multi channel clock generator,
- rf clock generator,
- Surface Mount Device